General Response Protocol Drills
- We are still mandated to complete all evacuation and lockdown drills.
- For this school year, there will be modifications made to drills related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In an actual emergency, it is understood that physical distancing may not be possible and that the safety of all students and staff takes priority.
- All staff and students must participate in drills.
- All physical distancing guidelines will be followed as students and staff exit and re-enter the building after any evacuation drill or emergency.
- This year, drills will be conducted in stages rather than all at once.
- We will conduct drills by grade(s) during a given day. All students will participate in a staged drill before the completion of the school day.
- School drills will be scheduled to ensure that each group of the school’s blended learning schedule has an opportunity to participate in a drill.
- Students will be instructed to maintain a distance of six feet to comply with physical distancing guidelines and to wear a face covering. While younger students may be accustomed to exiting the building holding hands, for now this must be discouraged.
- When scheduling a lockdown drill, we will ensure that each cohort of the blended learning model has an opportunity to participate in a lockdown drill.
- During a lockdown drill, students will remain in their seats and remain silent instead of moving to the safe corner. THIS IS ONLY UNDER COVID-19.
- All instruction and movement within the classroom must cease until the lockdown drill has been lifted.
- All classrooms and offices will cover the glass door panel during a lockdown drill.